I recently asked my Facebook friends which they liked better–blog posts that begin with a detailed story and the recipe at the end, or blog posts with a brief intro then right to the recipe. The answer was unanimous–get to the recipe, spare me the details.
Copy that. (Also, I agree.)
What you’ll love about this Crock Pot Lasagna recipe is that you don’t have to pre-cook the lasagna noodles. If you can brown ground beef, then you’re in business! Here’s what you need:
1-1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 cup onion, chopped (I use frozen chopped onions)
1 large jar (45 oz.) pasta sauce, any flavor
1 box (12 oz.) lasagna noodles
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp. onion powder
12 oz. cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese (similar texture. We use cottage cheese because we like the flavor better)
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef on medium heat in a skillet. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in pasta sauce, onions, garlic oregano, salt and onion powder. Over medium-low heat, stir for 5 minutes, until all ingredients are blended and warm.
- Pour a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Add a layer of overlapping lasagna noodles (break to fit).
- Add a layer of cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, until lasagna is tender.
For more easy to understand recipes, check out my Recipe Box!