Who doesn’t need a cute, fun and easy Valentine’s Day craft, amiright? So much of my craft ideas are with my kids in mind. I was looking to try something fun and silly and I knew they would love a big ol’ fluffy Valentine Monster wreath greeting them when they got off the bus everyday. (Scroll to the bottom to catch the tutorial I shared on FB Live.) It definitely makes me giggle when I walk up to the door!
Making it is easy. Want to give it a shot? Here’s what you need:
18 inch foam wreath form
3 feather boas
hot glue gun
large pipe cleaners
spool of ribbon (I used 1-1/2 inch)
2 large google eyes
- Wrap the wreath with the feather boas until the wreath is completely covered. Secure them to the wreath with hot glue at each end of the boa and a few spots in between.
- Glue the eyes to the wreath. (A trick I used was to attach pipe cleaners to the back of the eyes so that you can just stick the pipe cleaners into the foam. It also allows for the eyes to move.
- Glue two pieces of ribbon together with a large pipe cleaner in the middle. Repeat this 3 more times. These are the arms and legs. Placing a pipe cleaner in between the two pieces of ribbon allows for you to bend and shape the arms and legs.
- Attach the arms and legs to the wreath with hot glue and shape them as you want.
- If you would like to add hands and feet (or gloves and shoes like I did), cut shapes out of cardstock or scrapbooking paper and glue to the ribbon.
- Add a loop at the top with spare ribbon or a pipe cleaner, glued to the wreath for hanging.
That’s it! Your Valentine Monster Wreath is ready to display! For more fun Valentine’s Day crafts, check out the Seasonal and Holiday page.
Here’s the full tutorial!