If your garden is overflowing with zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and yellow squash, then this is the recipe for you! Oven-roasted summer vegetables are delicious, especially when they’re tossed in a savory herbs and spices. Here’s what you’ll need:
2 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 yellow squash, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 eggplant, cut into 1 inch pieces and then quartered
1 onion, sliced
1 red or Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
2-1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/3 c. olive oil or butter
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and dried oregano in a small mixing bowl.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and toss vegetables in seasoning mixture.
4. Spread vegetables out in the 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle lemon juice over top.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, uncover, and continue baking for 40-50 minutes.
8. Let vegetables cool and serve alone or over pasta.
For more delicious one-dish dinner ideas, side dish recipes and many more, check out the Recipe Box!