If you’re like me and struggle to get even a boxed cake recipe right, no worries. Strawberry Banana Poke Cake isn’t just yummy, but it’s also next to impossible to screw up. My kind of recipe! I didn’t get the pudding pushed down into the holes as much as I wanted with this batch, but it still turned out great. Here’s what you need:
Ingredients & Supplies
1 box Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme cake mix (and package ingredients for cake–oil, eggs and water)
2–3.4 oz boxes Jell-O Banana Cream instant pudding (and package ingredients for pudding–milk)
8 oz. container Cool Whip
1 c. Nilla wafers, finely crushed
9 x 13 cake pan, greased
1. Prepare the strawberry cake according to the instructions on the box. When the cake is slightly cool, use the end of a wooden spoon and poke lots of holes all over the cake.
2. Prepare the pudding according to the instructions on the box. When the pudding is mixed, pour it over the cake. Be sure to work the pudding down into the holes.
3. After filling the holes, make the top smooth and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. When pudding is chilled and firm, cover with Cool Whip.
5. Sprinkle the top with crushed Nilla wafers and keep refrigerated before serving.
And that’s it! Your strawberry banana poke cake is done! For more easy dessert ideas, check out the Desserts page!