Did you catch yesterday’s edition of Monday’s a Crock on my Facebook page? Every Monday, I go live at 10 and 5 Central to show you the prep and results of a Crock Pot recipe I actually make for dinner. Some of the recipes are ones that I’ve already made before, and some of them are brand new like this one, Crock Pot Pepper Steak! Here’s the recipe card:
Since we wouldn’t eat 3 lbs of steak, I used only a package 1.25 lbs and changed the directions a little to make it easier. (Watch the prep video) Here’s what I used:
1.25-1.5 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 c. frozen sliced onion and pepper blend
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp. cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, ginger, pepper, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Brown steak strips then add garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer strips, garlic and juices to the Crock Pot.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over steak strips.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. After steak has been cooking for 5 hours, add frozen onions and peppers. (I added mine at the beginning and they were soggy at the end. Note to self.)
- Serve over hot rice.
For my first time making this recipe, it was really good. The flavor is great. Once I make the adjustments to the cook time of the peppers and onions, I know this will end up being one of my favorites! For more Crock Pot recipes, click on the Crock Pot page!