Ohmigosh, lasagna for one. IN. THE. CROCK POT. I promise you, I’m not joking. I wouldn’t play with your emotions like that. I was so afraid that this recipe wouldn’t be as good as the family size recipe, but I was wrong. It is delicious!
Before we get started, have you purchased a 2 qt. Crock Pot yet? Those are the little slow cookers that are usually used at parties for dips and apps. Turns out, they are the perfect size when making meals for 1-2 people. I found mine at Walmart for $10. They have them at Target and Meijer too.
If you have a bigger Crock Pot, this recipe will still work, but I can’t guarantee the outcome will be the same. It’s best if your cooking tools are proportional to the recipe you’re making. With that said, here’s what you need:
1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 jar (12 oz.) pasta sauce
4 lasagna noodles, broken to fit
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/3 c. chopped onion (frozen)
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/8-1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 c. Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan, grated or shredded
1. Brown ground beef on medium heat in a skillet. Drain and pour into a mixing bowl. Stir in pasta sauce, onions, garlic, Oregano, salt and onion powder.
2. Pour a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
3. Add a layer of overlapping lasagna noodles (break to fit).
4. Add a layer of cottage cheese/Ricotta, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
5. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
6. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, until lasagna is tender.