Cooking for one or two? There are so many good recipes all over the web, if only they were scaled back to work for singles and couples.
That’s why I have started adjusting a bunch of my recipes that typically feed a family, to work for singles and couples. You will need a few supplies to help guarantee that these recipes turn out well. For the Crunchy Taco Bake, I used the Pyrex 3 c. rectangular glass storage dish (they come in sets of 6, 4 or singles). It looks like a mini casserole dish:
Cooking for one requires tools and supplies meant to hold smaller amounts of food. Fortunately, because of their smaller size, things like this dish and a 2 quart Crock Pot are inexpensive. They also make cooking for yourself so much easier.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need:
1/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. tomato soup
1/4 c. chunky salsa
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. shredded Colby jack cheese
1/2 c. crumbled tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together salsa, tomato soup, salt, hamburger, and sour cream.
- Spoon into 3 c. Pyrex rectangular glass dish.
- Top with cheese and then with tortilla chips.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
For more single meal ideas, check out the Meals for One page!