If you’re looking for a green bean casserole that is different than the standard Cream of Mushroom recipe, Ultimate Green Bean Casserole is exactly what you need. The difference–a creamy and cheesy base. Trust me on this, you are going to love this recipe. Here’s what you need:
6 cans of cut green beans, drained
6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. milk
6 Tbsp. butter
1 med. onion, diced
3 c. swiss cheese, shredded
1 can, French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain green beans and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour salt, sugar and pepper and set aside.
- Saute onions in butter over low heat for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and flour mixture.
- Stir until thick and bubbly.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour mixture, sour cream and green beans.
- Layer green bean mixture and swiss cheese in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with French fried onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Need side dish ideas for Thanksgiving? Check out my Side Dishes page!
One thought on “Ultimate Green Bean Casserole”