When someone is moving and lists a dresser with great bones online for $50, you JUMP ON IT. Fortunately, the seller was my neighbor! After a quick run down the street, the dresser was mine and it was ready to be transformed.
First, I took off the old the hardware and took out the top 3 drawers and the drawer slides. I wiped it down inside and out, which is all you need to do for chalk paint. The color–Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Emperor’s Silk.
The dresser and drawers got two coats of Emperor’s Silk. When both coats dried, I used a medium grit sandpaper and distressed the raised edges. I sealed the paint with a thin layer of Annie Sloan Clear Wax.
I painted the inside (where the top drawers used to be) with Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black (Eggshell). The Trim It Up Sample size provided the perfect amount of paint for this project. Even after applying 2 coats, I still had a lot of paint leftover. The black paint was a great choice, because it made the inside disappear into the background.
I put on the new pulls I found at Hobby Lobby and then set up my new media center in the living room!