Cheap, easy, kid-approved. Let me just say this before we get started–crescent rolls are highly underestimated in terms of all of the meals you can make with them. I’ve made the traditional ‘pigs in a blanket’ with hot dogs, I’ve also made meatloaf roll-ups, hot ham and cheese roll-ups…you get the idea. The possibilities are endless and the kids actually have fun coming up with things to make. It’s also a great use of leftovers.
My latest creation–Pizza Roll Ups. The kids had the BEST time creating their own ‘pizzas’ and even Jack, my picky eater, managed to eat a cheese pizza roll up. Ready to make it? Here’s what you need:
1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 small jar of pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese slices
Toppings (We used pepperoni, mushrooms, fresh basil, and black olives)
Zesty Italian seasoning packet (sprinkle on the crescent rolls to add flavor)
Melted butter (to brush on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll and separate crescent roll dough.
- Spread pizza sauce on each roll, then top with cheese and toppings.
- Sprinkle Zesty Italian seasoning or your own pizza seasoning blend over all of the ingredients.
- Roll the dough up to make a crescent roll.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow crescent rolls to cool before eating.
How easy is that? For more recipes, be sure to check the Recipe Box page!