Chicken and Dumplings is my favorite thing to eat this time of year! It’s the perfect cold weather comfort food, isn’t it? It’s also cheap and easy to make! Some recipes call for Poultry seasoning, but after trying Soul Food seasoning that I found at Dollar General, I won’t go back! It adds so much flavor. Ready to give it a try? Here’s what you need:
2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 c. frozen crinkle cut carrots
1 c. frozen corn
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 Tbsp. Soul Food seasoning (Dollar General)
salt and pepper to taste
Put the chicken in the Crock Pot.
2. In a large bowl, mix together soups, chicken broth, butter, seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts.
3. Cut biscuits into 1/4 pieces and add to the Crock Pot. Pour in carrots and corn.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
5. Before serving, remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces or shred. Return to the Crock Pot and stir.
6. Serve warm. It’s also great with Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders.
For more great slow cooker recipes, check out the Crock Pot page!