There’s nothing better than a warm cup of potato and bacon soup on a chilly, rainy October day like today. The fact that it’s a Crock Pot recipe makes it even better, and easier! Prep is a breeze and the result is a hearty soup that everyone loves.
If it’s just you and you don’t need this much food, be sure to check out this same recipe on my Meals for One page. Here’s what you need:
8 red potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
1 c. chopped onions (I use frozen)
1 c. sliced carrots (I use frozen)
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. bacon, cooked and chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 c. chicken broth
1-1/2 c. milk, half and half or heavy cream
1/3 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
- Put potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, bacon, salt, pepper and chicken broth in the Crock Pot. Gently stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove 1/2 potatoes, smash them, and return them to the Crock Pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, flour and sour cream. Pour into the Crock Pot and stir.
- Continue cooking for 1 hour on low.
Check out the prep video below to see how easy it really is: