Hoo boy. You’re in for a treat. If you’re a fan of the classic Gooey Butter Cake recipe, you will love how it tastes with sliced peaches.
Fresh peaches would be great, but they’re not really in season just yet. So I went with canned peach slices and just sliced them a little thinner.
Here’s what you need:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 (8 Oz) brick of cream cheese, softened
1 lb box of powdered sugar
1 (29 Oz) can of sliced peaches, drained or
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together yellow cake mix, 1 egg and butter.
- In a greased 9×13 pan or baking dish, press the mixture against the bottom.
- In another bowl, mix together cream cheese, 2 eggs, and slowly add powdered sugar until mixed.
- Add peaches and stir into the mixture by hand.
6. Pour over cake crust.
7. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is lightly browned around the edges.
8. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
You are going to LOVE this! For more recipes, check out the Recipe Box page!