How’s everyone doing? The last two weeks have felt like an alternate universe since we’ve been homebound. I hope you are safe, healthy, and dealing with this Coronavirus as best as you can. If you’re like me, you’re probably cooking a lot more (or all the time) and are in need of some cheap and easy recipes! This is one of my family’s favorites. The ingredients are easy to find and even a beginner can master this one!
2 cans white chicken breast, drained
1 16 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
2 c. milk
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
(Or you can make your own and just use one teaspoon of it. Here’s what I use:)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together Alfredo sauce, milk, butter chicken breast and seasoning. Set aside.
- Cook 1/3 of fettuccine noodles according to instructions. Drain.
- Pour noodles into a 2-quart casserole dish. Stir in chicken Alfredo sauce until everything is mixed together.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley or chives.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, until edges are bubbling and cheese has melted.
- Let the dish cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Simple, right? Give it a try and let me know what you think! For more Mamaw-style recipes, check out the Recipe Box page!